We are committed to supporting all of those impacted by our supply chain and doing so in a responsible manner. We achieve this by:
· Communicating our expectations with regard to labor practices and human rights, business integrity, responsible environmental practices and reporting and enforcement through our Global Supplier Code of Conduct
· Partnering with suppliers to deliver on the objectives of our Global Responsible Sourcing Program to drive a positive impact across the supply chain through enhanced collaboration
· Formalizing our Animal Welfare Policy to reflect our commitment to not conduct or sponsor any harmful animal testing, our expectations for the humane treatment of animals in our supply chain and our efforts to improve the lives of, and relationships with, our pets in the United States and Canada
Ensuring the Highest Quality
For more than 120 years our name has stood for the highest quality. We retain this trust by:
· Auditing our internal manufacturing sites, partner sites and supplier sites to ensure all appropriate processes are followed and our high expectations are met
· Actively participating in the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) managed by The Consumer Goods Forum, an independent global network for consumer goods retailers and manufacturers
· Supporting and complying with the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), which vests food companies with many prevention-based responsibilities to ensure a safe food supply for all consumers
· Providing Preventive Control Qualified Individual (PCQI) training for all quality managers and plant personnel whose responsibilities are impacted by the FSMA
· Carefully selecting high quality ingredients that deliver the taste consumers expect while supporting the nutritional needs of both people and pets
Providing Transparency on Our Ingredients
Consumers must have a clear understanding of the ingredients that go into the products they enjoy and provide for their families. We ensure this by:
· Following the mandate to have any applicable allergen from the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) eight most common allergens listed on the label in bold type on product packaging. Other potential allergens will be listed in a “MAY CONTAIN” statement on the label. Our products sold in Canada follow a similar practice, using boldfaced labeling to identify the Canadian Food Inspection Agency’s list of the 11 most common allergens.
· Including ingredient lists on each product’s label and on the brand’s website so consumers can see clearly whether the product meets their specific needs and preferences
· Providing details on our ingredients and the materials that make up our product packaging whenever possible and, if not readily available, working with our suppliers to better understand the ingredient’s origins and the source of these materials
We are committed to ensuring consumer confidence in every Smucker product they enjoy and provide to their families and believe transparency in our processes is an important aspect of this. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact our Consumer Relations team.
More to Explore
Great things are happening at The J.M. Smucker Co. See for yourself.
Innovation that Makes Life Better
In the News: Updates & More
2020 Corporate Impact Report