Charitable Giving Request
The J.M. Smucker Company believes strongly in contributing to the well-being of our communities with a majority of our cause-related efforts benefitting communities where we have offices and manufacturing facilities.
Our primary areas of focus are:
- Education – Support is focused on higher education and other literacy and education-related organizations, such as the Boys and Girls Clubs of America.
- Civic and Community – Support is aimed at community revitalization efforts, human services, economic development, and disaster relief efforts, including the American Red Cross® and United Way® agencies.
- Culture and the Arts – Support is focused on the visual and performing arts, libraries, museums, and cultural centers, including The Cleveland Orchestra and Akron Art Museum.
- Family Meals and Hunger Relief – Support efforts include product and monetary donations to Feeding America® and its network of food banks to help provide families in need access to nutritious meals.
- Family Pets – Support efforts include product and monetary donations to Rescue Bank® and its shelter and pet rescue network, Guide Dogs for the Blind®, and Canine Assistants®. These programs help provide hunger and disaster relief for pets and help train and provide service animals to people who require the assistance of these special, four-legged caregivers.
- Sustainability – Support efforts are focused on driving a positive environmental impact and being socially responsible, including our partnerships with World Coffee Research, TechnoServe, and Hanns R. Neumann Stiftung (Neumann Foundation).
- Wellness – Support is focused on various organizations that promote health, nutrition, physical activity, and wellness, an example of which would be our sponsorship of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC).
All requests must meet the following criteria:
- The request is geographically located near one of our offices or manufacturing facilities.
- The request must be received 60 days prior to an event.
- The organization must have an IRS-qualified, 501c 3 designation.
- All programs must adhere to our strict corporate advertising policy, which prohibits marketing to children.
Ineligible corporate charitable gifts:
- Organizations that do not have a 501c 3 status
- Individuals (e.g., fellowships, travel grants, sponsorships, stipends, benefits, personal assistance)
- For-profit organizations
- Religious and faith-based organizations and programming
- Political campaigns and activities
- Medical research and equipment
- Books, films, and video sponsorships
- Sports teams, athletic sponsorships, and sporting events
Please be aware that we receive numerous requests from many worthwhile organizations. We regret that we are unable to support every request we receive.
If your organization meets the criteria above, please submit the following form.Electronic Charitable Giving Request Form