It is the policy of our Company to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment relative to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and Company-sponsored training, education, tuition assistance, as well as social and recreational programs. In keeping with our Basic Beliefs, the Company has made a commitment to select the most qualified person for each employment position based on the individual’s demonstrated abilities, credentials, past performance, prior experience, and training. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), lactation/breastfeeding, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Consistent with our People Basic Belief that every employee makes a difference, the Company embraces the unique aspects of each employee and the value that diverse backgrounds and viewpoints bring to the strength of our organization. We value our employees and believe we must all embrace and take ownership of the Company’s commitment to diversity in the workplace. To that end, the Company embraces an equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) workplace as one of its core principles and as a fundamental component of its Basic Beliefs, as follows:
- This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment and all policies, procedures, and practices of the Company.
- While general oversight for implementing and enforcing this policy is assigned to the Human Resources Department, an effective EEO policy and program cannot be achieved without the support of all executives, managers, supervisors, and employees at all levels. Consistent with our Basic Beliefs, we firmly believe that the highest business ethics require the highest personal ethics. Accordingly, each individual is expected to understand the principles and values set forth in this EEO policy and to incorporate them into day-to-day work and interaction with all of our constituents.
- Any communication from an applicant for employment, an employee, a customer, a government agency, or an outside attorney concerning any equal employment opportunity matter should immediately be referred to the Human Resources Department.
- Employees who believe they have been subject to, witnessed, or otherwise become aware of conduct that violates or may violate this EEO policy should immediately report such matter to their supervisor, a manager, or the Human Resources Department.
- All concerns raised regarding conduct that may be in violation of this EEO policy will be investigated promptly in as confidential a manner as possible and consistent with the Company’s need to conduct a thorough investigation. The Company will take steps to ensure a timely resolution of any such concern and such resolution will be communicated to the parties involved. The Company prohibits any form of retaliation against employees for raising concerns, providing information, or cooperating in any other manner with an investigation of such reports about conduct that may potentially violate this EEO policy.
The J.M. Smucker Co. expects its executives, managers, supervisors, and employees to work together to live the principles outlined in this policy and our Basic Beliefs, and, consistent with Our Commitment to Each Other, promote an atmosphere of mutual respect for one another. Any individual may talk with any manager or Human Resources if they have any questions related to these principles.