Personal well-being is a way of life that leads to balance, health, and happiness. It is a path shaped by daily choices and it means something different for every individual. Well-being is important because it enables us to perform at our best — both at work and at home.
Our focus as a Company is to:
- Help support the physical well-being of our employees and their families,
- Provide tools and resources to help our employees actively take responsibility, share in the cost, and make the best decisions regarding their personal well-being, and
- Provide programs and resources that are competitive, offer protection, and that respond to the changing needs of our employees throughout their careers.
We believe in the value of investing in an overall environment of health and well-being because employee performance and business performance are so closely linked.
Health & Well Being
Smucker provides benefit opportunities that are focused on leading healthy lifestyles and that support the long-term health and well-being of our employees and their families. We offer a range of plans that include benefits such as:
- Heath care (including preventive)
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Disability benefits
- Life insurance options
- Pet insurance
As part of our focus on well-being, we emphasize the need for employees to embrace healthy lifestyles. We offer a variety of wellness education opportunities and on-site programs. Our state-of-the-art wellness facility, located in our LEED® Certified Renewal Building, features a two-story, fully-equipped fitness center, medical care center, and massage therapy. On the opposite end of campus, our Child Development Center offers parents the peace of mind that comes with working just steps away from their children.
In addition, Smucker is a tobacco-free workplace.
Financial Well Being
We offer several benefits and resources to help employees plan for an enriched career and achieve a financially secure retirement. These include:
- 401(k) Employee Savings Plan with company matching contribution.
- Discretionary Holiday Bonus.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan, which provides an opportunity to purchase shares of Smucker stock through payroll deduction.
- Smucker Tuition Assistance Program, which helps employees further their knowledge, skills, and job effectiveness through reimbursement of some of the costs of qualifying continued and/or higher education.
- Scholarship program for children of employees, which awards a $3,000 renewable scholarship to up to 10 recipients each year.
- Adoption assistance, which covers up to $5,000 in eligible adoption expenses.
- Pet adoption assistance, which reimburses up to $200 per calendar year for fees paid to animal shelters or pet adoption centers for the adoption of cats or dogs.
- Charitable Matching Gift Program.
Maintaining Balance Throughout Your Career
Smucker believes in helping our employees maintain balance and quality of life throughout their careers. Our employees are offered a variety of benefits that help support work and life balance. Full-time employees receive paid vacation, holiday, and personal time benefits for time away from work for rest, relaxation, and the flexibility to care for personal needs - along with maternity, paternity, adoption, and bereavement leave. In addition to paid time off, our Company believes there is a high degree of value in creating and maintaining an environment of trust and flexibility - which is why we encourage and support Workplace Flexibility. Two seasonal programs - Summer Hours and Holiday Hours - provide employees the opportunity to work a compact week to start their weekends on Friday afternoons, and Bring Your Dog To Work days further help our employees find the right balance between work and personal life.