The J. M. Smucker Company Reports Progress on Corporate Responsibility Initiatives
"The tangible results shared in our 2018 Corporate Responsibility Report demonstrate that 'doing the right things and doing things right' is not only good for our business but also for the people and natural resources we interact with each day," said
Highlights from the 2018 Report include the Company's:
Progresstoward achieving its 2020 environmental impact goals by reducing greenhouse gas emissions, reducing water usage, and increasing the amount of waste it diverts from landfills.
- In-depth programs to responsibly source eight key ingredients: coffee, fruit, palm oil, peanuts, pepper, quinoa, seafood, and specialty corn.
- Five years of progress expanding its coffee sustainability program – Company achieved its goal to source 10 percent of its total retail coffee from certified green coffee sources, positively impacted 16,500 small coffee farmers, improved 19,950 hectares of coffee farmland, and drove a 39 percent increase in coffee yield productivity from existing coffee farmland.
- Continued commitment to maintaining a fully sustainable palm oil supply chain that ensures 100 percent of its direct palm oil purchases are from responsible and certified sources.
- Rollout of SmartLabel™ technology on product packaging and brand websites to make it easier for consumers to access detailed product information.
- Strengthening of its Responsible Sourcing Program that will, over time, ensure all ingredients are sourced ethically throughout the supply chain, empower the workers of its supply chain with sustainable impacts in their communities, mitigate risks for its consumers through the implementation of proactive systems, and create competitive advantages to help its suppliers meet the Company's responsible sourcing standards.
- Donation of more than 20 million meals in 2017 to humans and pets in need.
For access to the full 2018 Report and more information on responsible business practices at The
For more than 120 years, The
The J. M. Smucker Company is the owner of all trademarks referenced herein, except for the following, which are used under license:
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-j-m-smucker-company-reports-progress-on-corporate-responsibility-initiatives-300711147.html
The J. M. Smucker Company: (330) 682-3000, Investors: Aaron Broholm, Vice President, Investor Relations, Media: Ray Hancart, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications