Personal well being is a way of life that leads to a more balanced, healthier, and happier you. It is a path shaped by daily choices and it means something different for every individual. Well being is important because it enables us to perform at our best — both at work and at home.
Our focus as a Company is to:
- Help employees and their families improve their physical, emotional, and financial well being,
- Care for employees and families by providing the tools and resources to help you actively take responsibility, share in the cost, and make the best decisions regarding your personal well being, and
- Provide programs and resources that are competitive, offer protection, and that respond to the changing needs of employees throughout their careers.
We believe in the value of investing in an overall environment of health and well being because employee performance and business performance are so closely linked.
Health & Well Being
Smucker provides benefit opportunities that are focused on leading healthy lifestyles and that support the long-term health and well being of our employees and their families. We offer a range of plans that include benefits such as:
- Heath care (including preventive)
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental and vision
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Disability benefits
- Life insurance options
As part of our focus on well being, we emphasize the need for employees to embrace healthy life-styles. We offer a variety of on-site programs such as medical resources health fairs, annual health screenings, and wellness education opportunities. In addition, Smucker is a tobacco-free workplace. To underscore the importance of leading a healthy lifestyle, we offer a financial incentive for employees who participate in our healthy lifestyle program.
Financial Well Being
We offer several benefits and resources to help employees plan for an enriched career and achieve a financially secure retirement.
- 401(k) Savings Plan, which matches 100% of your contribution up to 6% of your pay. That means you’ll receive one dollar from Smucker for every dollar you contribute, up to 6%. The match is invested in company stock.
- Holiday bonus of 2% of your base pay.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan, which provides an opportunity to purchase shares of Smucker common stock.
- Up to 100% reimbursement of tuition costs for Company-approved college courses.
- Scholarship program for children of employees, which awards a $3,000 renewable scholarship to up to ten recipients each year.
- Adoption assistance, which covers up to $5,000 in eligible adoption expenses.
Maintaining Balance Throughout Your Career
Smucker believes in providing support to our employees to help maintain balance and quality of life throughout all stages of our careers. Our employees are offered a variety of benefits that help support work and life balance.
All of our full-time employees are provided with paid vacation, holiday, and personal time benefits for time away from work for rest, relaxation, and the flexibility to care for personal needs. We also provide maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.